There is another way to enjoy the turquoise Caribbean Sea in Cancun from the magnificent heights, the tour is called Sky Ridder, is perfect for people who do not like very extreme emotions and weighing less than 100 kilos, all children above age 7 years can do this tour.
Since it takes place in a parachute harness instead of individual, it has a couch for two people which is driven from a specialized craft reaching a height of 80 meters, the tour lasts 10 minutes, where you can enjoy a beautiful view of the hotel zone of Cancun.
You can do this activity on your next vacation in Cancun, contact us for more information.
Have you ever just wanted to go into the water and just hug one of these “Sea Cows”? Manatees are completely herbivorous aquatic mammals, Their scientific name is Trichechus manatus, from the Greek tri (three) and chechus (nails) and from the Caribbean native manati (with teat). To me personally, they give me an immense feeling of tenderness, and to want to touch and hug them!!!
In general, the activity with manatees is very simple; you enter the water with them and feed them lettuce. It would seem that the activity has very little point but the activity is so gratifying!!!
Interaction with Manatees is possible at the dolphin centers of Isla Mujeres,PuertoAventuras and in Xel-Ha. In your reservations for activities in Cancun and the Riviera Maya, don’t forget to mention them to find out which center is closest to you.
Cozumel, the largest inhabited island in Mexico, known worldwide for its magnificent coral reefs, is located in the Caribbean Sea, about fifty miles from Cancun and forms (with two inland enclaves Calica and Xel-Ha), one of the nine municipalities in the state of Quintana Roo.
Recognized internationally because Cozumel holds the second largest barrier reef in the world, Cozumel offers a wide range of water sports to practice as diving, sport fishing, snorkeling and kayaking. Chankanaab Park is one of the most visited parks of the island.
Most of the territory is undeveloped and the center of the island is covered by lush jungle and swampy lagoons and its the household of a hundred birds and mammals. At the southern end lies Punta Celerain and its historical lighthouse, as well as the Colombia Lagoon, home to numerous endemic species and other life forms in danger of extinction, such as sea turtles. Also, on the island there are several archaeological Maya sites where, even today, you can feel the mysticism of the past. The peculiar contrast that forms the white coast, tropical vegetation and turquoise of the sea, added up with the hospitality of the people are an invitation for tourists to enjoy an unforgettable vacation.
Cancun is one of the major tourist destinations in terms of diving. For those who want to start in this fascinating activity, please keep in mind the following points:
– It is important before diving is done a diving course. It should be noted that the underwater environment is not our usual way. There are subjected to physiological changes and we must consider, in addition, the displacements are different from the usual. Adapting to this new medium is something that is achieved with practice open water swimming and guided by qualified instructors.
– To be a certified diver to do a course in one of the many agencies that exist. There are different levels of certification, from basic to advanced. The existing certification programs are very similar.
– Most certification agencies have minimum age to dive 12 years of age. At that age can be obtained age-appropriate certifications with restrictions.
– Physical requirements for diving in the Mexican Caribbean sports vary depending on location. For the basic level of any sport diver certification, you must be physically and mentally well, besides having a minimum of physical condition. As the diver seeks higher levels of certification are needed more fitness.
– Please note that before the dive you can not drink alcohol. Within the first 24 hours after diving, one should not travel by plane.
– Before diving should drink plenty of water to stay well hydrated and light breakfast. You should also sleep well enough before diving.
– Not everyone can dive. It is recommended that you practice with asthma, hypertension, epilepsy, pregnant women or people with respiratory problems.
Looking to take a diving lesson with a real immersion in the sea click here and book your place.